Small Groups – Week of October 27, 2013
1. This is a children’s game, so you’ll need to lay aside your dignity for a few minutes. Play three rounds of broken telephone.
2. Have you ever received and acted upon a message (email, text, phone call, etc.) that was intended for someone else (but you thought was for you)? Describe this experience.
3. Read Jeremiah 23:9-40.
4. How do you know when God is speaking to you? How do you personally discern whether a message you receive (from someone else, a voice in your mind, a nudge, etc.) is from God?
5. Pastor Bill said that in a true messenger from God there is hunger to know God. What are the marks of someone who hungers to know God?
6. Pastor Bill said that a true messenger of God will be affected by the message. What is a message from God that has impacted you deeply in the past few months?
7. Pastor Bill said that the character of a messenger of God is a big deal. Is this true in society in general? Defend your opinion.
8. Pastor Bill said that a true messenger of God will be marked by godly fruit. What are some examples of godly fruit?
9. Do you actively seek to hear from God? If so, what listening disciplines do you utilize? Share an experience or two of when you believe God spoke to you.
10. In pairs share about an area of your life where you need God’s wisdom. Pray that God would speak clearly into each other’s lives.